Hours and Information
- MAY 2019 UPDATE – This HOV lane is now open to ALL TRAFFIC on a TEMPORARY basis for the duration of the Tobin Bridge/Chelsea Curves Rehabilitation Project (approximately two years).
- Open to southbound HOV traffic Monday – Friday, 6 a.m.–10 a.m.
- During non-HOV hours, this lane is open for all vehicles
- This includes vehicles with only 1 passenger
- Open to vehicles less than 5 tons with 2 or more occupants
- Open to buses and motorcycles
- Nothing-in-tow allowed
- No hazardous materials allowed at any time
- Starts near Mystic Avenue in Medford (Exit 30)
- Ends at the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge in Boston
- 2.6 miles long