Signs of elder financial abuse
- Unusual account activity, such as large cash withdrawals or an increase in ATM transactions.
- Inability to explain the unusual account activity.
- Increased confusion about banking and financial issues.
- Adding a co-signer to the elder's account.
- Unexpected interest from a third party in the elder’s financial affairs.
- Attempts by a third party to access the elder’s account(s) or make withdrawals.
- Request to notarize forms the elder does not understand when asked.
- Explanation of a deal that sounds "too good to be true," or online solicitation.