By consolidating information and online services in a single location on the internet, the Virtual Gateway simplifies the process of connecting people to critical health and human services programs and information.
Today, approximately 1 million individuals representing more than 18,000 organizations use the Virtual Gateway to conduct business with agencies within EOHHS.
A couple of examples of the many activities that Virtual Gateway users can perform include:
- Manage Service Programs: Manage services for children, seniors, veterans, homeless, and disabled persons who are aided by departments within EOHHS.
- Submit Bills and Service Records: Complete and submit service delivery reports and invoices through a single front door to EOHHS agencies.
The Virtual Gateway has driven ongoing improvement in its capacity to serve the public efficiently. The Virtual Gateway has:
- Reduced the amount of time it takes to apply for services and receive an eligibility determination
- Expedited half a million applications for services from individuals and families
- Improved case management and service delivery for some of our most vulnerable citizens
- Reduced the amount of time it takes for EOHHS to pay contracted service providers