Massachusetts Information Technology Center - Photo Identification and Access Cards

The MITC is a restricted card access only facilty

Replacement Cards

Replacement cards may be obtained through the DCAMM Operations Office on the 3rd floor.

Photo identification access card details

Upon Agency approval DCAMM issues one nontransferable Photo ID Access Card (ID Access) to each employee. ID Accesses are only authorized for use by the employee named and pictured and are not issued to temporary employees, interns, vendors or contractors unless the Commissioner or Director of Security deems it necessary.

ID Accesses remain the property of DCAMM and must be surrendered upon termination of employment with the Commonwealth. DCAMM assesses $12 replacement fee for lost Photo ID.

Steps to acquire an original ID access

  • Obtain a Photo ID application form from your agency liaison
  • Complete the form, making sure your name is exactly as it appears on your paycheck and indicating whether the application is for a new card, a name change or agency transfer
  • Have the form signed by your agency liaison
  • Photographs are taken in the DCAMM Operations Office on the third (3rd) floor. It is the responsibility of the agency liaison, upon receipt of an employee’s access card, to verify that the employee is employed by his / her department, to issue the card to the employee, or return it to DCAMM
  • Lost cards must be reported to DCAMM Operations at 617-660-5500 immediately so they can be removed from the system. When an employee terminates State employment the agency is responsible to retrieve the ID Access and return it to DCAMM

Steps to replace a photo ID access card

Please consult your agency Liaison regarding replacement of a lost or damaged card.

Additional Resources for

Help Us Improve with your feedback