MassHealth does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, creed, sexual orientation or sex (including gender identity and gender stereotyping).
- free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, braille, accessible electronic formats, and other formats)
- free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact us at (800) 841-2900 (TTY: (800) 497-4648).
If you believe that MassHealth has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
Section 1557 Compliance Coordinator
1 Ashburton Place, 11th Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02108
Phone: (617) 573-1704
TTY: (617) 573-1696
Fax: (617) 889-7862
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, the Section 1557 Compliance Coordinator can help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights:
- electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal;
- by mail at
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW., Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201; or
- by phone at (800) 368-1019, (800) 537-7697 (TDD).
Complaint forms are available at here.