To speak to an Options Counselor in your area, call MassOption toll free at (800) 243-4636.
About the program
Options Counseling is a free service. It can help an older person, an adult of any age with a disability, their family members, or caregivers make decisions on supportive services if they don’t know where to turn. Finding help with personal care, household chores, transportation, nutrition or medication management, can be challenging.
The choices can feel overwhelming. Do I:
- move in with family
- enter a nursing home
- apply to an assisted living facility
- remain at home, with help
Options Counselors can provide information on the range of resources available and ensure that you, your family or caregiver understand the options, can make an informed choice, and decide the next step to take.
Options Counseling Services
- serve adults with a disability
- serve older adults age 60+
- are available by telephone, in-person or email/web
- can be provided at home, at an agency, a hospital, rehab or nursing facility
- provide unbiased information on long term supportive services and resources
- can be provided in one meeting or over a series of meetings
- ensure that the you retain control over the process
- provide decision support
- help determine next steps to take
To speak to an Options Counselor in your area, call MassOptions toll free at (800) 243-4636.