About Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)
Before you finish high school, pre-employment transition services (Pre-ETS) can help you get ready for a job. These services include:
- Job exploration counseling
- Work readiness training
- Work-based learning experiences
- Counseling in post-secondary education
These services can help you become more aware and gain skills to be prepared for the world of work.
Pre-employment transition services can start at age 14 and are available until you graduate high school or turn 22. You do not need to apply for Vocational Rehabilitation, instead you can connect directly to a pre-ETS community provider while still in high school and benefit from the five pre-ETS services.
MRC recommends that students take part in at least one pre-ETS service before applying for VR services.
Students should apply for VR eligibility two years before graduation through a Chapter 688 referral or a direct referral, or they can apply earlier if they need more individualized supports to participate in pre-ETS.
To access pre-ETS services, contact a pre-ETS provider in your area (listed below.) You can bring the MRC Pre-ETS Enrollment Form provided as a download below.
Additional Resources for About Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)
Pre-ETS Community Providers
MRC currently has 34 pre-ETS community providers that you can connect with or ask your MRC liaison for more information.
- Attleboro Enterprises
- Cape Abilities, Inc.
- Community Connections, Inc.
- Jewish Vocational Services
- Martha’s Vineyard Community Services, Inc.
- M. O. L.I.F.E., Inc.
- Partners for Youth with Disabilities – YEP Pre-Employment Program
- Pride, Inc.
- Southeast Center for Independent Living, Inc
- Tempus Unlimited, Inc.
- Work Inc.
- American Training, Inc.
- Arc of Opportunity of Central Massachusetts
- Career Resources Corporation
- Community Workshops, Inc. d/b/a Community Work Services
- Easter Seals Massachusetts
- Minute Man Arc
- Northeast Arc, Inc.
- Northeast Independent Living Program, Inc.
- The Learning Center for the Deaf
- Triangle, Inc
- Valley Collaborative Adult Services
- Vinfen Corporation
- Berkshire County Arc, Inc. (BCARC)
- Berkshire Family and Individual Resources (BFAIR)
- Center of Hope Foundation (COH)
- HMEA-TRACS Program
- New England Business Associates (NEBA)
- Opportunity Services
- Riverside Industries, Inc
- Seven Hills ASPIRE
- Willie Ross School for the Deaf
- Work Opportunities Unlimited