Forestry is the science, art, and business of managing forest ecosystems. Working directly with a Licensed Consulting Forester will give you the opportunity to develop a management plan for your property that meets your family objectives. A Consulting Forester (and most Licensed Foresters) can provide a variety of services to land owners including:
- Develop a Forest Management Plan
- Complete a Forest Inventory and Appraisal
- Plan and Supervise a Timber Sales
- Discuss Estate Planning and Taxation Matters
- Advise on Timber Stand Improvement
- Locate, Map and Mark Property Lines
- Enhance Wildlife
- Enhance Forest Aesthetics
- Improve Recreational Opportunities
- Assess Forest Health Issues
Benefits of a Licensed Consulting Forester
While Consulting Foresters charge for their services, research has shown that the average land owner makes more money from a timber sale by hiring a competent Consulting Forester than by selling timber on their own. Consulting Foresters understand the markets and will obtain competitive bids from several buyers. You can hire a Consulting Forester for one job or multiple jobs – whatever the landowner needs.
Find a Licensed Forester in Your Area
Below is a directory of licensed foresters, sorted alphabetically by last name, that includes Consulting Foresters, as well Industrial Foresters (Foresters who work for a sawmill, logging company, or timber buyer) and Public Foresters.