Who should have one?
Anyone who is learning the trade in refrigeration work.
Additional Resources for Who should have one?
What are the prerequisites
A person seeking an Apprentice Refrigeration Technician License must:
- Complete an application with proper mailing AND home address, social security number.
- Attach a copy of your high school diploma or equivalent certification.
- Attach a 1" x 1.25" photo (Unless Authorization for Release of RMV Photo Information Signed-Off)
- Attach a copy of your Division of Apprentice Standards ID Card.
- Provide proof that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Pay a non-refundable application processing fee of $40.
Additional Resources for What are the prerequisites
How is this license obtained?
You must provide OPSI with the information listed above. You are not required to pass an exam for the apprentice license.
Continue Education: Schools approved by OPSI
Fees: $40 non-refundable application processing fee; $20 renewal fee