Who should have one?
Anyone who has a regular place of business or who, by himself, or with other refrigeration technicians in their employ perform refrigeration work
What are the prerequisites?
A person seeking a Refrigeration Contractor License must:
- Have submitted a properly completed application with proper mailing and home address, social security number.
- Attach a 1" x 1.25" photo (Unless authorization for release of RMV photo information signed-off)
- Attach documentation from employer that you have held and used a Massachusetts Refrigeration Technicians license for not less than 2,000 hours.
- Attach documentation from an approved school that you have completed 100 hours of additional refrigeration training.
- Submit a non-refundable application processing fee of $150
Additional Resources for
How is this license obtained?
You must submit an application and successfully pass a written exam.
Fees: $150 non-refundable application processing fee; $75 renewal fee.