Instructions for Sheet Metal Instructor application
- Please read all instructions before starting your online application for a Sheet Metal Instructor License. This is an application for a Sheet Metal Instructor License. To apply for the Instructor license, applicants must have a Master or Journeyperson sheet metal worker’s license, have a minimum of 7 years of sheet metal experience, and be of good moral character. Your application must include a recent 2” x 2” color passport photo. For a full list of all application requirements, please refer to the Application Checklist shown below.
- You may apply and pay online using the ePLACE Portal. First, you will need to register and create an account on the ePLACE Portal. This will allow you to apply for licenses, make online payments, apply for permits, renew your license, and update your contact information through your online account. Click here for instructions on creating an ePLACE Portal account and applying for a license.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Board before submitting the application online. Incomplete applications will only remain open for 180 days after which a new application and fee is required. Email email@example.com or call 617-727-4454 for information.
- If you are ineligible for a Social Security Number, contact the Board for instructions.
- Please note the address that you use as your Mailing Address is public record and will be released to anyone upon request.
- If you have been convicted of a crime you must list all offenses inclusive of OUI, DUI, and Operating after/with suspended license or registration. Dispositions of “continued without finding” (“CWOF”) or “admission to sufficiency of facts” must also be reported. Do not include minor traffic offense(s).
- Please upload your notarized CORI authorization form. All forms are available on the Board website.
- In order to submit your application after you have completed it, you will be required to submit a payment online for $75 in U.S. funds from a U.S. based account. Be advised, this fee is not refundable. Please note that your application cannot be submitted online without payment of the correct fee. The fee includes both application processing and your first license.
- A current/valid Massachusetts Master or Journeyperson Sheet Metal Worker license
- Must upload a 2” x 2” color passport photo
- Must upload the “CORI Authorization Form”
- Must pay $75 non-refundable online application / license fee payable in U.S. funds from a U.S. based account