What type of seats are available?
In addition to regular car seats, there are specialized and adaptive car seats for kids with special health care needs:
- Car beds for infants who must travel lying down
- Specialized rear-facing seat for children with omphaloceles (birth defect that affects the abdominal wall)
- Convertible car seats for children with hip casts
- Large medical seats for kids who need additional positioning support
- Adaptive belt positioning booster seats for kids who need additional positioning support
- Vests or harnesses - some can be used for kids who have casts that require them to lie down while traveling. Others are upright with closures in the front or back.
Certified CPS technician at select locations across the Commonwealth can help with your special health care needs regarding your child. Please view the document below listing available special needs technicians near you.