If you’re interested in holding a wedding at a state park, contact the park’s staff to see if weddings are allowed, and to check date availability. Park staff can help you complete any required permits. Fees may apply.
Popular state parks for weddings
- Borderland State Park, Easton-Sharon (508) 238-6566 Borderland.Park@state.ma.us
- Mount Sugarloaf State Reservation, Deerfield. Call(413) 586- 8706, Ext. 12 (or (413) 665-2928 after May 15), or email CT.Greenway@state.ma.us.
- Maudslay State Park, Newburyport. Call (978) 465-7223or email: Maudslay.Park@state.ma.us.
- The Maudslay Arts Center Maudslay State Park is a private venue. Call them directly at (978) 857-0677.
- Willowdale Estate is a private wedding venue on the grounds of Bradley Palmer State Park in Topsfield. Call them directly at (978) 887-8211 to plan a wedding.
- For information on events at Skinner State Park, call the Notch Visitor Center at (413) 253-2883
- Walden Pond State Reservation in Concord does not allow any weddings from May 1 to Oct. 31, due to high recreational use during that time. Call staff at (978) 369-3254 or email Walden.Pond@state.ma.us
Wedding photos and videos
You don’t need a separate permit to take photos and videos during a permitted wedding ceremony at a state park. If you don’t have a permit for your wedding, you need a special use permit to take photos and videos in a state park.