- Antlerless Deer Permit Instant Award Period is August 1 - December 31. Hunters who applied for an Antlerless Deer Permit by the July 16th deadline must return to the MassFishHunt system to try to win a permit. Click here for full instructions.
- Youth Hunting Story Contest: Youth hunters who participated in the 2015 Youth Deer Hunt are invited to submit their story for a chance to be published in Massachusetts Wildlife magazine. Deadline is Aug.31. Click here for contest details.
- September 18: Sandwich Fish Hatchery Tour, 10:00 - 2:00. Click here for more information.
- September 22: MassWildlife Hatchery History. Shortly after its founding 150 years ago, MassWildlife began rearing and stocking fish. Learn about the fascinating history of the agency’s longest running program, view historical photos and artifacts, and more! Click here for more about this free lecture in Westborough.
- Warmer weather can lead to fish kills, caused by low oxygen levels. Report fish kills to the Environmental Police at 1 (800) 632-8075. Click here to learn more about fish kills.
- What should you do if you find young wildlife? Get the answers here.
- 2016-2017 Migratory Bird Regulations are now available.
- Looking for information about the endangered Timber Rattlesnake conservation plan? Get the facts here.