A site-wide alert banner will be posted for AMBER Alerts, state government office closings, states of emergency and other significant emergency incidents.
When a site-wide alert banner is posted, the alert banner will display on the Mass.Gov homepage and on all executive agency web pages and this alerts page will usually be updated with additional information.
There may be localized emergency incidents or severe weather that do not result in a site-wide Mass.gov alert banner. Below are other resources for emergency information:
- For a list of active weather warnings, watches, and advisories from the National Weather Service, see: https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/ma.php?x=1
- For power outage information, see the Massachusetts Power Outage Map and Power Outage Safety Tips.
- For traffic alerts, see https://mass511.com/, for MBTA alerts, see https://www.mbta.com/alerts and for Massport/Logan Airport alerts, see: http://www.massport.com/massport/
- For community specific information, contact your local Emergency Management Director.
- The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is the state agency that coordinates with federal, state and local government agencies, non-profits and businesses to prepare, respond and recover from emergencies and disasters. For additional information, visit MEMA’s Emergency Information webpage.