Meaningful work. Exceptional colleagues. Outstanding benefits. Find current employment opportunities at the Department of Public Health (DPH). The job application process is managed electronically through Mass Careers.
- This page, Career Opportunities at the Department of Public Health, is offered by
- Department of Public Health
Career Opportunities at the Department of Public Health
Table of Contents
Careers at DPH
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health relies on skilled individuals to serve those who live in, work in and visit the Commonwealth. Seeking a challenging and rewarding career or internship? Consider working for DPH.
We are as diverse as the many jobs we perform. We work on exciting and innovative public health initiatives that make meaningful and measurable impacts on the lives of residents.
DPH is a great place to learn and grow – and your career path and opportunities to develop are nearly limitless.
We’re committed to establishing a culture of diversity and inclusion with a purpose-driven mission.
Key Actions for Careers at DPH
Benefits of working for the Commonwealth
As an employee of the Commonwealth, you get more than a paycheck. You’ll receive outstanding employee benefits, including:
- 75% state paid medical insurance premium
- Reasonable dental and vision plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low-cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive sick, vacation, and personal time
- Tuition benefit for you and a spouse at state colleges and universities
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities
- Qualified employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program for student loans
Key Actions for Benefits of working for the Commonwealth
Professions at DPH
Professions within DPH bureaus and programs span a wide range of public health and health care services. Among them, we employ:
- Data analysts
- Maternal and child health specialists
- Health equity and outreach strategists
To learn more, download DPH at a Glance PDF | Doc and see our DPH staff spotlight series:
Key Actions for Professions at DPH
DPH offers internships for undergraduate, masters and doctoral level students:
- The DPH Internship Program offers valuable work experience at DPH directly related to the students’ academic field of study year-round
- The Academic Public Health Corps places students with local boards of health year-round
- The DPH Local Health Internship Program, places graduate students with local boards of health during the summer
Key Actions for Internship opportunities
- One-pager on DPH and what we do:
DPH at a Glance PDF | Doc
- Career brochure:
Massachusetts Department of Public Health Career Brochure PDF | Doc