You MUST complete the online Firearms Re-Certification course at least 24 hours before coming to the range and you must bring proof that the course has been successfully completed.
Guide How to access the Firearms Re-Certification online course
Table of Contents
How to log in to the Learning Management System
How to access the course
The Firearms Re-Certification course can be found on the EOPSS E-Learning and Classroom Management Site (ELIS).
http://eopsselearning.com/. You must be uploaded as a user to access ELIS. You will not be automatically registered as a user because you hold a firearms certification.
- If you have logged into ELIS before, your User Name is your driver’s license number (for state employees use your state Employee ID number).
- Your password is whatever you set your password to be. Passwords do not change. If you forgot your password click on “Forgotten your username or password?” and follow the instructions.
Can’t log in:
Police Departments should contact their Department Training Coordinators/Directors. Police Department Training Coordinators/Directors should contact Melixza G. Esenyie at MPTC-Elearning@mass.gov.
Retired Police Officers and all others contact Todd Bailey, MPTC Firearms Advisory Committee at email@example.com.
Sheriff Department employees should contact their Training Coordinators/Directors. Sheriff Department Training Coordinators/Directors should contact Sandra Sousa at Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to get into the Firearms Course once you have logged in
- Click on All MPTC Courses
- Click on Specialized Training
- Click on the course MPTC-UOF-16-FA-IN-REC405 MPTC-UOF-405-Firearms Instructor Re-certification: 2016-2019
How to print a User Report (Course Completion Record)
To prove that you have completed the online course successfully, you must print a user report.
Begin in the ELIS Management Block on the left side of your screen
- Click Reports – there is a list of various categories of reports
- Click on User Reports
- Click on Individual User Report
- This will open a new page where you will see your name and user ID number with two options to click. Click on Show Report
- You will see your completion report, you can print this page or save it as PDF/excel and print it to take with you to the range.
For questions regarding access to the training or course functionality, please email email@example.com.
For questions regarding the content of this training program, please contact Lt. William Leanos, MPTC Statewide Firearms Training Coordinator at Bill.Leanos@mass.gov or at 978-375-6958 or the Regional Firearms Committee Representative for your area.