Apply for a Family Child Care provider license
Contact for Apply for a Family Child Care provider license
Department of Early Education and Care
The Details of Apply for a Family Child Care provider license
What you need for Apply for a Family Child Care provider license
Before you apply for a Family Child Care license, you must:
- Attend a mandatory Potential Provider meeting at one of the EEC Regional Offices. At this meeting, EEC licensing staff will inform you of the requirements to become licensed. Find an upcoming meeting by contacting your local EEC Regional Office or online using the EEC Professional Development calendar. (Filter the search results using the "EEC Pre-Service/Licensing Requirements” tab and select 'Potential Provider Meeting' to narrow your search.)
- Attend an in person Orientation Training given by an agency in the Commonwealth. Find an orientation online using the EEC Professional Development calendar or by contacting your local EEC Regional Office.
Fees for Apply for a Family Child Care provider license
|Family Child Care License||$100||each|
|Family Child Care License Renewal||$100||each|
|Certified Family Child Care License Assistant Application||$75||each|
|Family Child Care License Upgrade (within license or certificate period)||$25||each|
|Family Child Care License Change of Address||$100||each|
|Regular Family Child Care Assistant Application||$0||each|
How to apply Apply for a Family Child Care provider license
The following is required as part of the application process:
- A check or money order made out to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for the application fee.
- A copy of the certificate of attendance from the Potential Provider meeting.
- A copy of the certificate of attendance from the in-person Orientation Training.
- A completed background record check request form for you and any household members 15 years or older.
- A copy of your current certification for First Aid and Child & Infant CPR.
- A copy of your Physical Exam from the past year that includes proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, & Rubella.
- Proof of completion of all the required training.
- Documentation of registering in EEC's Professional Qualifications Registry (PQR).
Once EEC receives your online licensing transaction, we'll contact you to go over your application and schedule a Pre-Licensing Visit to your program.
More info for Apply for a Family Child Care provider license
Family Child Care Systems contract with family child care providers who wish to take advantage of resources and supports such as training, technical assistance and consultation, monitoring, and referrals to health and social services for children in their care. Find a Family Child Care System near you!
In some cases, your program may not require a license. If you think that your child care program is exempt from licensure, submit the Licensing Exemption Request Application to an EEC office for approval.
If you have any questions, contact your regional EEC office.