More about:

Apply to become a licensed wildlife rehabilitator

Wildlife rehabilitators are licensed by MassWildlife to provide care for sick or injured wildlife. If you are interested in becoming licensed, we first encourage you to volunteer with a rehabilitator to learn more about the commitment.


The Details

What you need

Before you can apply to become a licensed wildlife rehabilitator, you must pass the Massachusetts Wildlife Rehabilitation Permit exam with a score of at least 80%. More information about the exam, as well as a study guide, can be found under downloads.

For information

  • For information on permit prerequisites, exam details, and application procedures, please contact Jennifer Longsdorf at (508) 389-6360.
  • For information on permit renewals and annual reporting, please contact Bob Arini at (617) 626-1575.

When you're ready to take the exam



Name Fee Unit
Wildlife rehabilitation permit $10 each

How to apply

After you have passed the exam, complete the attached permit application.

Mail in the permit application, along with a check or money order made payable to "Commonwealth of Massachusetts - DFW" to:

Division of Fisheries and Wildlife – Boston Office
251 Causeway Street, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02114-2152

More info

Wildlife Rehabilitators Association of Massachusetts (WRAM, Inc.), hosts meetings and provides a network for member wildlife rehabilitators.



1 Rabbit Hill Road, Westborough, MA 01581

8 a.m.– 4:30 p.m., M-F

(508) 389-7890


Tell us what you think