- This page, Buy a surplus Antlerless Deer Permit, is offered by
- Division of Fisheries and Wildlife
Buy a surplus Antlerless Deer Permit
The Details of Buy a surplus Antlerless Deer Permit
What you need for Buy a surplus Antlerless Deer Permit
***Zones 3, 7, 9, and 12 are SOLD OUT***
You need a hunting license in order to purchase a surplus antlerless deer permit. The easiest way to buy a license or a surplus permit is online through the MassFishHunt system. In-person sales are also available at license vendor locations.
2023 Surplus Antlerless Deer Permit Information
- Zones 3, 7, 9, and 12: A limited number of Antlerless Deer Permits for Zones 3, 7, 9, and 12 will be available for purchase on a first come, first served basis starting 9 a.m. on Wednesday, September 27. Limit 1 ADP per zone per day until sold out.
- Zones 10, 11, 13, and 14: Antlerless Deer Permits for Zones 10, 11, 13, and 14 will go on sale at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, September 26. There is no daily or season purchase limit for these zones and they are available throughout the entire 2023 deer season.
Fees for Buy a surplus Antlerless Deer Permit
|Antlerless Deer Permit (MA resident)||$10||each|
|Antlerless Deer Permit (non-resident)||$15||each|
How to buy Buy a surplus Antlerless Deer Permit
Follow the directions below to buy your surplus permit:
- Go to MassFishHunt and log into your account.
- Select the Zone you want and proceed to check out and re-print your permit.
You can purchase a surplus permit at authorized license vendor locations.
More info for Buy a surplus Antlerless Deer Permit
About Antlerless Deer Permits
Antlerless Deer Permits (ADP) are required to harvest antlerless deer (deer without antlers or antlers less than 3” long) in Massachusetts. Hunters can only harvest antlerless deer in the zone specified on their ADP.
Each year, MassWildlife allocates a certain number of ADPs for each wildlife management zone to meet deer management goals in different areas of the state. Hunters with a valid hunting or sporting license can apply for an ADP in the wildlife management zone of their choice; the deadline for applying is July 16 each year. The difference between allocation and demand determines the odds of winning an ADP.
In some years, and in some zones, hunter demand is lower than the number of allocated ADPs. When this happens, the odds of winning a permit in that zone are 100% and MassWildlife can offer Surplus Antlerless Deer Permits. Hunters with a valid hunting or sporting license can buy Surplus ADPs even if they did not previously apply for a permit. Surplus ADPs usually go on sale in late September and provide additional opportunity for hunters and minimize the number of permits that go unused.