Contact for Find emergency family shelter
Emergency Housing Assistance Resource Contact
The Details of Find emergency family shelter
What you need for Find emergency family shelter
Families facing a housing crisis may be deemed eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Massachusetts
- Meet the gross income standards for Emergency Assistance
- Have children under the age of 21, or be pregnant
and the reason for homelessness is one of the following:
- No-fault fire, flood, natural disaster, condemnation, or foreclosure
- Fleeing domestic violence (current or within past 12 months)
- No-fault eviction
- Child(ren) are exposed to a substantial health and safety risk
Emergency Assistance applicants must provide all requested verifications within 30 days.
How to find Find emergency family shelter
To apply for shelter services, please call (866) 584-0653, 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. You can also apply by visiting one of our offices (see schedules below in the "In person" section).
Note: The offices and phone line are closed on state holidays.
There is no on-line application for emergency shelter.
Please see details below on when regional offices are open. On days when offices are open, their operating hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
You can also apply by calling (866) 584-0653. There is no on-line application for emergency shelter.
- Boston – 2201 Washington Street, Boston (Roxbury) - Nubian Square - Open Monday through Friday.
- Brockton – 60 Main Street - Open Monday through Friday.
- Chelsea – 80 Everett Avenue, 3rd Floor - Open Monday through Friday.
- Hyannis – 181 North Street - Open Tuesday.
- Lawrence – 280 Merrimack Street - Open Monday through Friday.
- Lowell – 131 Davidson Street - Open Thursday.
- New Bedford – 160 West Rodney French Boulevard - Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
- Salem – 45 Congress Street, Suite 1176 - Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
- Springfield – 243 Cottage Street - Open Monday through Friday.
- Worcester – 50 Southwest Cutoff - Open Monday through Friday.