Get your Youth Deer Hunt Permit
Contact for Get your Youth Deer Hunt Permit
The Details of Get your Youth Deer Hunt Permit
What you need for Get your Youth Deer Hunt Permit
All youth participating in the Youth Deer Hunt must have a Youth Deer Hunt Permit.
- Youth hunters 15-17 years old need a Massachusetts Minor Hunting License.
- Non-residents need a valid Massachusetts non-resident Big Game License.
How to get Get your Youth Deer Hunt Permit
Visit MassFishHunt to get your Youth Deer Permit online starting August 1.
- Youth participating in the Youth Deer Hunt must have their own profile in the MassFishHunt system. Once a profile has been created, go to License Sales.
- Then, go to Hunting Permits and Stamps. Select the appropriate Youth Deer Hunt Permit and check out. NOTE: Youth aged 15-17 must have a Minor Hunting License before they can purchase a Youth Deer Hunt Permit. (If the youth hunter is 12-14 years old, no hunting license is required.)
You can get a Youth Deer Permit at one of the MassWildlife offices or from a license vendor starting August 1.
NOTE: Youth aged 15-17 must have a minor hunting license before they can purchase a Youth Deer Hunt Permit. (If the youth hunter is 12-14 years old, no hunting license is required.)
More info for Get your Youth Deer Hunt Permit
Only one hunting implement is allowed. Shotgun, muzzleloader, or bow and arrow may be used. If the minor is accompanied (12-14 year old hunters must be accompanied by a licensed adult), the adult may not use a hunting implement.
The bag limit is one deer of either sex. The Youth Deer Permit allows either:
- 1 antlered deer statewide
- 1 antlerless deer in the Wildlife Management Zone specified on the permit
Any deer taken during the youth hunt are not considered part of the statewide season bag limit.
All youth hunters and any accompanying adults must wear at least 500 square inches of blaze orange on their chest, back, and head.
Young hunters must fill out the tag from the Youth Deer Permit and attach it to the deer before moving it. Do not use any other deer tags. You must report deer harvest within 48 hours.