More about:

Pay workers’ compensation civil fines online

If the Department of Industrial Accidents (DIA) issues a civil fine to your business because it does not have workers’ compensation insurance, you can pay it online.

DIA Office of Legal Counsel

The Details

What you need

To pay a civil fine, you need the stop work order number issued to your business.

How to pay

Go to the DIA’s online system to pay your fines.

  • Enter the stop work order number and hit the “Continue” button
  • You will be asked to enter the following information:
    • Your account number
    • Payment type (Discover, MasterCard, VISA)
    • Payment amount
    • Confirm your entries

Print the confirmation page for future reference.



1 Congress St., Suite 100, Boston, MA 02346


Tell us what you think