Log in links for this page
Pay your tax bill or notice by credit card
Contact for Pay your tax bill or notice by credit card
The Details of Pay your tax bill or notice by credit card
What you need for Pay your tax bill or notice by credit card
The Department of Revenue (DOR) accepts:
You need one of the following pieces of information to pay your tax bill or notice:
- Bill number
- Document number
- Social Security number
- Federal Identification Number.
For more information, learn how to pay your personal income tax.
How to pay Pay your tax bill or notice by credit card
Go to MassTaxConnect Make a payment and select your payment type. Follow the instructions and enter the information asked.
Call (617) 887-6367 or (800) 392-6089. Follow the instructions and provide the information asked.
More info for Pay your tax bill or notice by credit card
- Your payment will be processed by a payment processor who will charge a 2.35% convenience fee.
- No part of the convenience fee goes to the DOR.
- The convenience fee is charged by the standard service provider to cover the cost of processing the transaction. Fees are based on the amount of the payment and are shown after selecting your payment method.
- The convenience fee is not negotiable.
- Your information will only be used to process your payment.
- DOR doesn’t receive any personal payment method data such as credit card numbers.
- On your monthly credit card statement, the payment to the DOR will be listed as "Mass. Department of Revenue."
- DOR accepts credit and debit card payments from any taxpayer or business that has a tax liability and has received a bill.
- Your payment will post to your account based on the:
- Bill number
- Document number and
- Social Security number or Taxpayer Identification Number that you entered.
- You can make partial payments:
- Using more than one card, but
- You are limited to making 2 payments per day.
- You will need to complete separate transactions for each partial payment.
- You will receive:
- A real-time confirmation number on the receipt
- An email confirmation number to the email address you provided during the process.
- If your filing status is married filing jointly, DOR will only post the payment to the Social Security number entered during the transaction.
- For joint filers, please make sure that you enter the Social Security number of the first spouse listed on the tax return.
- You can pay someone else's tax liability using your card. In this case, the payment information will be different from the person owing the tax bill.
- All card rewards and points are issued by your card issuer. To determine if you’re eligible, please contact your card issuer.
- All payments made through the standard service provider will get a real-time confirmation email. Some spam-filtering software may be configured to prevent the delivery of emails from certain addresses.
- We recommend keeping a copy of the confirmation number with your tax records.
- If you're making a credit card payment regarding a bank or wage levy, you must contact us at (617) 887-6367, or toll-free in Massachusetts at (800) 392-6089.