Registry of Motor Vehicles
The Details of Renew your IRP registration
What you need for Renew your IRP registration
The IRP renewal applications were all mailed the week of April 4, 2022. Please read all instruction on your application thoroughly.
The renewal application you receive contains all the carrier and vehicle information currently on file for your account and includes instructions for completing the application. The renewal application is organized by fleet with a vehicle equipment list and weight table for each vehicle. You will need to complete a renewal application for each fleet in your account. The account number appear at the top of each page of the renewal application.
Fees for Renew your IRP registration
Do not send payment with your application. You will receive an invoice once your application is processed and all required documents have been received. Please note on the bottom of Schedule A if you would like your invoice to be emailed or mailed. If you want your invoice emailed, you must provide your business email address.
Once you have received the invoice, payment can be made by mail or over the phone.
- If paying by mail, send the invoice and payment to the address listed on the invoice. Payment can be made by company check, personal check, or money order. Checks should be payable to MassDOT.
- If paying by phone, have your IRP Account Number and credit card information available and call 857-368-8120.
- If you have access to your account through the IRP Portal, you can pay your outstanding invoice (once all validations are verified by IRP staff), by logging in to your account.
How to renew Renew your IRP registration
Applications can be mailed to:
Registry of Motor Vehicles
25 Newport Avenue Extension, 4th Floor
Quincy, MA 02171
The RMV accepts regular and overnight mail. All applications are processed in the order received. Do not mail applications to an RMV Service Center.
Existing e-Service Portal Users
If you already have access to the Portal, log on to https://atlas-myrmv.massdot.state.ma.us/eservices
If you have not logged into your eService portal for over 1 year, your access will become inactive and you will get the message "This Username is no longer active, contact your eService Administrator at your business or if you are the eService Administrator contact RMVBusinessPartners@dot.state.ma.us". eService Administrators will need to send an email requesting to have the account reactivated, the email must include the username (email address)
New e-Service Portal Users
To get access you will need to complete and submit the following two documents (click on each document name below to open the forms):
- RMV Business Partner Contact Form with your most up-to-date business information.
- eServices Administrator Access Form for each person you designate as an "eServices Administrator*." This form should only be completed for the designated user, not all the users that need eService Portal access.
Both documents will be sent automatically to the RMV when you click on the blue Submit or Click to Sign button. You must complete both documents to get a web logon.
For training modules and information, click here.