Replace your disability placard
Contact for Replace your disability placard
RMV - Medical Affairs
The Details of Replace your disability placard
What you need for Replace your disability placard
When a replacement placard is requested, the original placard is cancelled. Continued use of a cancelled placard is against the law and carries fines and loss of license. The RMV may take the following actions for individuals requesting more than 1 replacement placard over the course of 12 months, or more than 3 during the 5 year period of a permanent placard, and may deny requests for replacement placards based on the results of its findings:
- Review all history of placard issuances and replacement requests with the RMV, including requests for both temporary and permanent placards
- Review RMV records for evidence that the original placard was misused by the placard holder or by anyone else, including those residing at the same address as the customer
- Review original documentation/applications presented to the RMV that resulted in the issuance of the original placard
- Request updated medical information on the customer's condition and ability to operate a motor vehicle safely
- Request confirmation of application and condition directly from the customer’s healthcare provider
- Request information from customer’s local city/town office on disability
- Request customer attestation on proper placard use prior to replacement, attestation may be requested in the form of a notarized letter or notarized affidavit. Letters and/or affidavits may also be requested from others residing with the customer or others involved in instances of confirmed or suspected abuse.
To request a replacement disability placard, you will need your:
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Disability Placard Number (if known)
Fees for Replace your disability placard
There is no fee for a replacement disability placard.
How to replace Replace your disability placard
Mail your completed application and any supporting information to:
Registry of Motor Vehicles
Attn: Medical Affairs
PO Box 55889
Boston, MA 02205-5889
Registry of Motor Vehicles - Haymarket Center
136 Blackstone St.
More info for Replace your disability placard
If you need to replace the security sleeve that covers personal information on your placard, you can request one by calling the RMV's Medical Affairs at 857-368-8020.