Report disability parking abuse
Contact for Report disability parking abuse
RMV - Medical Affairs
The Details of Report disability parking abuse
What you need for Report disability parking abuse
To report disability parking abuse, you will need to provide:
- the vehicle's license plate number
- location of the abuse
- description of the vehicle
- description of the person abusing the disability parking
- description of activity leading you to believe this is a case of parking abuse
Please keep in mind that not all disabilities are visible to an observer (e.g., heart disease), so file a disability parking abuse only if you have some reason to believe abuse has taken place.
How to report Report disability parking abuse
If you are aware of an able-bodied person misusing a disability placard or plate, you can complete the abuse form online.
If you are aware of an able-bodied person misusing a disability placard or plate, please download and complete the disability parking abuse form. Mail the form to:
Registry of Motor Vehicles
P.O. Box 55889
Boston, MA 02205
If you are aware of an able-bodied person misusing a disability placard or plate, call the Placard Abuse Hotline at (855) 963-2580 to report the abuse.
If you are aware of an able-bodied person misusing a disability placard or plate, please download and complete the disability parking abuse form. You can fax this to (857) 368-0018.
More info for Report disability parking abuse
Misuse can come in several forms, for example:
- using someone else's disabled placard, or parking in a disabled spot with a disability plate and the disabled person not present
- using an expired placard
- using an old style Indefinite placard, which has not been valid for use since 2008
- making a counterfeit placard, photocopying, or altering an existing one
A customer found to be misusing a placard is subject to fines, loss of placard parking privileges, and even license suspension. Misuse of a disability plate or placard may result in suspension or revocation of the plate or placard. Police departments can confiscate placards that are being abused and request that the RMV immediately cancel the placard.
The Registrar will suspend for 30 days the license or right to operate of a person who misuses a disability plate or placard. Anyone who wrongfully displays a disability placard is subject to a fine of $500 to $1000.