- This page, Request a Verification of Your License, Certificate or Exam, is offered by
- Board of Registration of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- Division of Occupational Licensure
Request a Verification of Your License, Certificate or Exam
Division of Occupational Licensure
The Details of Request a Verification of Your License, Certificate or Exam
Fees for Request a Verification of Your License, Certificate or Exam
As part of the online process, you may also submit the $15 payment for the verification request electronically. Please note that there is a convenience fee for all online credit card transactions. There is no fee for online payment by check.
How to request Request a Verification of Your License, Certificate or Exam
Request A Verification with ePLACE
Need a verification of your Massachusetts professional license, certificate, or exam? Use the ePLACE portal to submit a verification request.
To request a verification to be sent to another states’ Board or to be sent electronically to the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES), please refer to the instructions detailed below.
To submit a request online, you will need an account in ePLACE. If you do not already have an account, you may complete the following steps to create and account and to submit a verification request online:
- Visit the ePLACE Portal to register for an account. Detailed instructions on how to create a portal account can be found here.
- After you have registered for an account, please login with the username and password that you created.
- After logging in with the username that you created, go to the “Manage My Licenses and Permits” tab, and complete the following steps to “link” your professional license/certification to the registration you just created. (Note: If you do not hold a professional license or certification and are seeking verification only of an exam, you may skip to #5 below.)
Linking your license or certification:
- Select the “File an Online Application” link;
- Select the “Link Your Account Portal” link under the search box;
- Select the “Link your Online Account to an Existing Record” link;
- Select the proper agency, Division of Professional Licensure (DPL), and when prompted enter your Record ID/license number and the Authorization Code;
- Link your account using your Record ID/license number (Example: 1234-PL-M1) and the Authorization Code (Example: 1234567899) found on your license renewal form. Or, if you do not have a Record ID and Authorization Code, request the code here
- Once you have successfully linked your account, go back to the “Manage my Licenses and Permits” page and you should now see your license listed.
- On the “Manage my Licenses and Permits” tab, you will select “File an Online Application” and follow the directions.
Hints to Make Processing Your Verification Request Smoother:
Please provide the following information under “Special Instructions”:
- Please indicate which exam(s) you passed in Massachusetts and need verification of, and when you think you took the exam(s);
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Fundamentals of Surveying (FS)
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Professional Land Surveyor (LS)
- Please indicate which certification(s) was issued by the Board and needs verification:
- Engineering in Training (EIT)
- Surveyor in Training (SIT)
- Please indicate which license(s) was issued by the Board and needs verification:
- Professional Engineer
- Professional Land Surveyors
- If you took an exam under a different name, please include that name with your request.
- If your verification is to be sent to another state’s Board and the Board requires you to complete a specific form, please upload the form as part of your verification request.
- Please provide your contact phone number or email in the event we have questions about your request.
- If requesting a verification to be sent to a state’s Board, please enter the name and address of the Board to which the verification should be sent.
- If requesting a verification to be submitted to NCEES, just enter “NCEES” in the Delivery instructions.
- Verifications may not be emailed as the Board’s seal will not be visible.