Contact for Sign up for the EC Pharmacy Access Program
Sexual and Reproductive Health Program
The Details of Sign up for the EC Pharmacy Access Program
What you need for Sign up for the EC Pharmacy Access Program
- Complete an accredited online training program through either
- Obtain a standing order from a physician
How to enroll Sign up for the EC Pharmacy Access Program
Send a copy of your signed standing order by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to file your order and list your pharmacy access program online.
More info for Sign up for the EC Pharmacy Access Program
Why should pharmacists become specially trained to provide pharmacy access to EC if it’s available over-the-counter (OTC)?
Despite OTC availability, EC remains difficult for many women to access. Becoming specially-trained means that:
- You can help all women directly access EC on demand at the pharmacy, including women who can’t otherwise purchase more highly effective methods because of age, ID, or prescription requirements.
- You can help MassHealth members and other partially insured women access their preferred EC method when a prescription is required for contraceptive coverage or cost-savings. Because EC provided under a standing order by a specially-trained pharmacist constitutes a prescription, you can help women who would otherwise need to pay out of pocket for OTC products access affordable (generic or prescription) methods at the pharmacy counter.
- You can help women privately and confidentially access their preferred method of EC at the pharmacy counter. Less than half of surveyed pharmacies stock EC on store shelves, and many pharmacies that do stock it in a glass case or anti-theft package that must be unlocked by a store employee.