Key Dates for the Correction Officer I Examination
Application Opening Date: January 8, 2021
Application Deadline: February 2, 2021*
Notice to Appear: March 5, 2021
Examination Dates: March 19, 2021
Score Release Date: TBD
Employment/Experience (E/E) Last Day to Appeal: TBD
Eligible List Establishment Date: TBD
Written Examination Fee: $100
Eligibility: Entry-level, open to public
Location: Various Sites across the state
*There is an additional $50 fee for applications received after February 2, 2021. Applications will not be accepted after February 9, 2021.
- Read texts on the preparation guide.
- Registration for the 2021 Correction Officer I Examination has been closed.
- Notice to Appear for Examination: March 5, 2021
Two weeks before the examination date you will receive a notice to appear by e-mail. The notice will tell you the location and the time to appear for your examination. Please check your junk or spam mail folder for the e-mail before contacting this office.
- Score Release Date: TBD
You will receive your examination results by email.
- Employment/Experience (E/E) Last Day to Appeal: TBD
- Eligible List Established Date: TBD
When the eligible list is established you will be able to view your rank on the online list.
How to Apply
The registration for the exam has been closed
- Find the application for 2021 Correction Officer I Examination.
- Read about the examination information and find out if you’re eligible to take the exam.
- Click Apply in the top right corner of the exam poster and follow the instructions to submit your application.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted your application, you’ll see a Click to Pay button. Click the button to pay for your exam. Be sure to pay for the correct exam.
- You’ll receive two confirmation emails when you’ve completed the process:
♦ an email confirming that your application has been received
♦ an email confirming that your payment has been received
Your application is not complete until you have received both confirmation emails. Once you receive the successful payment confirmation email, you may ignore the option to Submit Payment which may still be displayed in your account.
If you previously took the Correction Officer I examination and your name was placed on the list 2/1/19 or 7/1/19, your period of eligibility is expected to end on 2/1/21 or 7/1/21 and would need to apply for and take the March examination to appear on the list or remain eligible when the resulting eligible list is established from the March examination.
Please ensure that your email address is up to date on your account. If you need to change anything on your account, please see here for instructions: Update Your Account Contact Information. All notices are sent by email. Please check your junk or spam mail folder for the email before contacting this office.