The Address Confidentiality Program (ACP) is offered to maintain as confidential the address of a survivor of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking who has been accepted into the program.
The ACP provides a way for survivors who have recently relocated to use a confidential address in order to protect them from those that endanger them. When accepted into the program, the survivor is provided with a substitute address to protect their information in transactions with the RMV and other state entities. The substitute address is only a mask, and members of the ACP staff will forward mail to the participant’s actual address.
The RMV can only provide the services of the ACP to people who are accepted into the program. Only the ACP administrator makes that determination, and the RMV will not assign a confidential address to a person who is not in the program.
To apply, please contact the ACP at (866) 723-3233. You also may reach ACP by contacting an agency or nonprofit program that provides counseling, referral, shelter or other specialized services to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking.
- You must complete an application form with the help of an application assistant certified by the Secretary of the Commonwealth.
- You must have recently relocated to a new address that is unknown to the person or persons who may cause you violence.
- The completed application form must be submitted by the application assistant to the Secretary of the Commonwealth for certification.
- You will be notified by the ACP whether you have been certified as a program participant.
- The ACP will notify the Registry of Motor Vehicles if you are accepted into the program.
Individuals who are engaged in the provision, facilitation, or promotion of legally-protected healthcare services including gender-affirming health care services or reproductive health care services can visit the ACP website to apply.
For further information regarding the address confidentiality program, please click here or contact the Secretary of the Commonwealth:
P.O. Box 9120
Chelsea, Massachusetts 02150-9120