Online support groups and recovery meetings
- Alcoholics Anonymous Online Intergroup Directory of online audio/video meetings 7 days per week.
- SMART Recovery Online community where participants help one another recover from addictive behaviors.
- WEconnect and Unity Recovery Free online daily all recovery meetings.
- Narcotics Anonymous Online meetings in various time zones using multiple platforms.
- Herren Project Live online support groups and recovery meetings, moderated by trained clinicians.
- In The Rooms Free weekly online meetings for those recovering from addiction and related issues.
- Learn to Cope Online support forum open to families, friends and loved ones who have someone in their lives who is struggling with addiction.
- Al-Anon Family Groups Electronic meetings for anyone affected by alcoholism in a family member or friend.
- Allies in Recovery Online support for families dealing with a loved one’s addiction, using the evidence-based CRAFT method (Community Reinforcement and Family Training ); free for Massachusetts residents.
- CDC: Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- Hazelden Betty Ford: Tips for Staying Connected and Safeguarding Your Addiction Recovery
- SAMHSA: Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Shatterproof: How I’m Coping with COVID-19 and Social Isolation as a Person in Long-Term Recovery
- WHO: Mental Health and Psychosocial Considerations During COVID-19 Outbreak
Hotlines and helplines
- 211 24/7 Massachusetts hotline with real-time COVID-19 information, resources, and referrals in multiple languages. Dial 2-1-1 from any landline or cellphone.
- Massachusetts Behavioral Health Access Locate openings in mental health and substance use disorder services.
- Network of Care Massachusetts New statewide comprehensive and searchable directory with information about more than 5,000 mental health, substance use and social service resources including program description, contact information, populations served, eligibility and fee information.
- Massachusetts Substance Use Helpline Statewide, public resource for finding licensed and approved substance use treatment and recovery services. Call 800.327.5050 to get help, 8am-10pm Mon-Fri and 8am-6pm weekends.
- Veterans Crisis Line Free, confidential resource for Veterans in crisis and their families and friends, including Veterans not registered with the VA. Dial 800.273.8255 and Press 1 to talk to someone, or text 838255 to connect with a qualified VA responder.
- Mass.gov: Information on the Outbreak of COVID-19
- CDC: COVID-19: What You Need to Know
- DOJ: COVID-19 Information Page
- WHO: COVID-19 advice for the public
- APA: Pandemics: General Resources
- Mass.gov: March 15 2020 Telehealth Order
- NETRC: Northeast Telehealth Resource Center
- MA Health Connector: MassHealth Enrollment
- Mass.gov: Overdose Prevention and Naloxone Access
|Date published:||March 19, 2020|