Filing the complaint
- File the complaint in the county where the child support order or other judgment related to child support was issued or registered. If there is no order or judgment, file the complaint in the county where the plaintiff lives.
- You must file the complaint within 45 days of the date of the final determination entered by the Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement Division.
- File a copy of the Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement Division final determination with this complaint.
- Place a copy of this complaint and a summons in the Department of Revenue box in the Register of Probate office.
- Lawyers must file a Uniform Counsel Certification.
- There is no filing fee for this complaint.
Service of complaint
Follow Massachusetts Rules of Domestic Relations Procedures Rule 4 to serve the complaint on the defendant.