Licensing Requirements: Adviser
Business Entity Adviser Applicants Instructions: Corporate Adviser Licensing Requirements
The requirements for advisers are governed by M.G.L. c. 175 §177A and §177B. To become an insurance adviser in the Commonwealth, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- No insurance license issued to the applicant has ever been revoked or suspended.
- The applicant is trustworthy and competent.
Please review contract information: Adviser Contract Information
|Written adviser's contract must correspond with the name on the insurance adviser's license; no other name will be accepted.
|Please submit the following:
- A complete and accurate license application.
- A written contract describing advising services.
- A check for $200 made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Please note the fee is non-refundable.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE RETURNED UNPROCESSED