What you need
- Your username and password for MassTaxConnect
- The date your Paid Family and Medical Leave account should start
Log in to MassTaxConnect.
- Select the “Add an account type/new location/new license” link under the I Want To section to begin registration for a PFML account.
- Click the box next to Paid Family and Medical Leave and click Next.
- Enter the date your account should start in the “Enter the date of your first payroll”. If you use a DBA name and/or have a separate address for mailing, enter that information under the Account Mailing Address section. Answer if you estimate that more than 50% of your Massachusetts workforce for the remainder of the calendar year will be made up of individuals for whom you report the payment for services on IRS Form 1099-MISC. Depending on your reply to questions, additional questions may be populated. If you do not already have a Withholding account registration in process or processed, you will be asked to verify that you do not need a Withholding account by checking the provided box. Click Next when finished.
- If there is any information you would like to attach to the account request, you can do so. It is not required to submit this request. Click submit when you are ready to process your request.
You have now completed registering for a Paid Family and Medical Leave account.
All PFML step-by-step videos and instructions (DOR)
- File a return and remit a contribution for Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Opt in and contribute to Paid Family and Medical Leave as a self-employed individual
- Upload a bulk Paid Family and Medical Leave return
- Upload an Excel spreadsheet and make a payment for Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Request a Paid Family and Medical Leave exemption
For all further questions regarding applying for a Private Plan Exemption or registering your account on MassTaxConnect, please contact DOR at (617) 466-3950 to speak to a PFML representative.