- Suicide Prevention Program Monthly E-Blasts
- Department of Public Health Mental Wellness Blog
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health Resource Guides
- Massachusetts Department of Veterans’ Services Statewide Advocacy for Veterans’ Empowerment (SAVE)
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Suicide Awareness and Prevention Training Guidance
- Massachusetts Substance Abuse Information and Education Helpline: (800) 327-5050
- Massachusetts Council on Compulsive Gambling: (800) 426-1234
- Massachusetts Regional Center for Poison Control and Prevention: (800) 222-1222
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Massachusetts: (800) 370-9085
- Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255, or (800) 273-TALK (Veterans: Press 1)
- The Trevor Project (LGBTQ Youth): (866) 488-7386, or (866) 4-U-Trevor
- National Organization for People of Color Against Suicide (NOPCAS)
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- American Association of Suicidology
- National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention
- The JED Foundation (college students)
- Partnership for Workplace Mental Health
- Stop A Suicide
Resources for schools
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
(Press “1” if you are a veteran or a family member of a veteran)
(800) 273-8255, or (800) 273-TALK
- Samaritans Statewide Befriending Line
Call or Text: (877) 870-4673, or (877) 870-HOPE (24 hrs)
- Samariteens Helpline
(800) 525-8336, or (800) 525-TEEN
3 p.m.–9 p.m. weekdays/9 a.m.–9 p.m. weekends
- The Trevor Project (For LGBTQ Young People)
- IM Hear
Monday - Thursday 6 p.m.–9 p.m.
Online instant messaging program of Samaritans, Inc. dedicated to providing online emotional support and prevention of suicide among high school students.
- Riverside Trauma Center
For help after a traumatic event, call (888) 851-2451, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and ask to speak to a Riverside Trauma Center Manager.
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention Training Guidance
From the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Evidence-Based Suicide Prevention and Intervention Programs
- Comprehensive School-Wide Suicide Prevention and Intervention Training Programs (DOC)
Suicide prevention and intervention trainings for students and school personnel that take a comprehensive, school-wide approach.
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention Checklists, Guidelines and Toolkits (DOC)
Toolkits, guidelines, and model programs to assist schools and school districts in designing and implementing strategies to prevent suicide and promote behavioral health, as well as policies and protocols for managing and coping with a suicide or mental health crisis.
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention Training Programs (DOC)
Suicide prevention and intervention trainings for school personnel. Online and in-person training options are listed.
- General Suicide Prevention Training Calendar
A list of suicide prevention trainings provided by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Suicide Prevention Program.
- The “S” Word: The Role of Schools in Preventing Suicide