This manual offers innovative and practical approaches for agencies to incorporate the federal CLAS principles and practices into all aspects of organizational activities. "Making CLAS Happen: Six Areas for Action" divides the standards into 6 chapters:
- Foster cultural competence
- Build community partnerships
- Collect and share diversity data
- Benchmark: plan and evaluate
- Reflect and respect diversity
- Ensure language access
Each chapter includes hands-on tools, resources lists, and case studies from public health and social service providers across Massachusetts.