Good news! Beginning on Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 8 am, reservations will begin for the 2023 Season for Peddocks Island Camping. The first available camping date is June 15th, 2023, with camping available 7 days a week through Labor Day weekend! Peddocks Island is accessible to campers by the BHCC Peddocks Island Ferry, or by private boat.
Campers with camping reservations must pre-purchase their roundtrip ferry tickets at https://www.cityexperiences.com/boston/city-cruises/peddocks-island-ferry/ To insure your passage to Peddocks Island, we urge all campers to make their ferry reservations when making their camping reservations. Space capacity on the ferries is limited.
Those with camping reservations may click the link below to purchase your round-trip tickets. The tickets will be available for sales on or about Wednesday, April 19, 2023.
Ferry service traveling to/from Peddocks is located at the Hingham Shipyard (Address: 28 Shipyard Drive, Hingham, MA 02043). Free parking is available in Hingham upon check-in where visitors will receive a placard for display in their vehicles. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to ferry departure to register for the free parking placard, and to transfer camping gear to the ferry.
To ensure smooth transition of campers, and to help maximize capacity for all, we ask that campers reserve afternoon departure days/times out of Hingham (12pm, 1:30pm, or 3pm) for check-in, and morning/early afternoon departure days/times out of Peddocks (9:45am, 11:15am, or 12:45pm) for check-out from the Island. We ask that you adhere to these ferry time guidelines, and we appreciate your cooperation.
Information for ReserveAmerica Camping Reservation
- To make a new reservation, please reach out to 877-422-6762 or visit https://massdcrcamping.reserveamerica.com/
- Please reach out to 1-877-620-2267 for changes, edits, or cancellations related to your existing camping reservation
- Please reach out to email@example.com for general questions related to your DCR camping reservation
For information regarding your Ferry reservation:
- For individual ferry reservations to Peddocks (up to 19 people), please reserve online at https://www.cityexperiences.com/boston/city-cruises/peddocks-island-ferry/. Or reserve individual tickets by telephone at: 866-307-2469.
- For group reservations of 20 or more, please fill out the group reservations online form at: https://www.cityexperiences.com/group-events/tours-experiences/. Or you may reserve groups by telephone at: 866-307-2469.
- For general questions related to the Peddocks Island ferry service, please contact 617-223-8666 or https://www.cityexperiences.com/contact-us/
Additional Resources for Overview
Peddocks Island offers yurts plus individual and group campsites. Yurts are equipped with furniture and electricity. Electricity and running water is also available at the visitors center.