Canalside Rail Trail
Details of Canalside Rail Trail
Overview of Canalside Rail Trail
The Canalside Rail Trail follows the former rail bed for an easy-riding 3.7 miles. Follow the trail over the Connecticut River and along scenic views. The trail is also great for walking or even a picnic.
Hours for Canalside Rail Trail
Sunrise to sunset
Parking at Canalside Rail Trail
Parking is available at the Unity Park and McClelland Farm Rd. trailheads.
Activities at Canalside Rail Trail
Enjoy a quite ride along the Connecticut River and the scenic views along the way.
Facilities at Canalside Rail Trail
- Paved bike paths
- Picnic area
- Scenic viewing area
Services at Canalside Rail Trail
- Inline skating
Accessibility at Canalside Rail Trail
- Accessible restrooms
Restrictions at Canalside Rail Trail
- No alcohol
- No littering
More info for Canalside Rail Trail
- Be courteous of other path users.
- Keep right unless passing.
- Stop at all stop signs.
- Trail is open dawn to dusk. If you have appropriate lights, ride at your on risk.
- Give a clear and audible signal before passing and pass only when it's safe to.
- Travel at a reasonable speed.
- Wear protective headgear. This is required by law for children 16 years and younger, but recommended for all.
- Respect private property next to the trail.
- Carry in, carry out all trash and belongings.