Cochituate State Park
Details of Cochituate State Park
Overview of Cochituate State Park
Hours for Cochituate State Park
Sunrise - Sunset
Sunrise - Sunset
Parking at Cochituate State Park
Daily parking fee charged May 14 through October 30
MA resident $8
Non-MA resident $30
Mobile payments accepted via the YODEL app Parking in MA State Parks - YODEL FAQs
Resident and non resident status is determined by the vehicle license plate
The facility will be closed to admissions once it reaches capacity. For live updates on facility closures, please visit: DCR Park Alerts
Activities at Cochituate State Park
BoatingAll 3 lakes are accessible by boat, but head down to South Lake for waterskiing or tubing.
HikingFollow the Snake Brook Trail for a mild 1.5 mile Heart Healthy walk.
All Activities at Cochituate State Park
- Boating (non-motorized)
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Cross-country skiing
Facilities at Cochituate State Park
Accessibility at Cochituate State Park
- Accessible restrooms
- Accessible dock and observation area
- Beach wheelchairs available
Restrictions at Cochituate State Park
- No jet skis
- No alcohol
- No diving off boats
- No boating after dark unless posted
- Dogs are not allowed on designated swimming areas of inland beaches from May 1 through September 15, unless otherwise posted. Guide to Dogs in DCR Parks
More info for Cochituate State Park
Speed Limits and Regulations
Middle Lake and Boat Ramp
- Speed limit is 22 mph on Middle Lake
- Speed limit is 5 mph within 150 feet of ramp, channels, tunnels, piers or moorings
- No motorboat operation within 150 feet of swimming areas.
- No towing of a person(s) in the water or on any apparatus on Middle Lake.
- Speed limit on North Lake is 5 mph on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
- Speed limit is 22mph on weekdays
- Speed limit is 5mph within 150 feet of ramp, channels, tunnels, piers, or moorings
- No towing of a person(s) in the water or on any apparatus on North Lake.
- Speed limit on is 22 mph on South Lake
- Speed limit is 5 mph within 150 feet of ramp, channels, tunnels, or moorings
- Speed limit is 42 mph while actively waterskiing and tubing.