Nashua River Rail Trail
Details of Nashua River Rail Trail
Overview of Nashua River Rail Trail
Hours for Nashua River Rail Trail
Sunrise to sunset
Parking at Nashua River Rail Trail
Parking areas for access to the trail are located in Ayer, Groton, and Dunstable.
Ayer Center parking lot (60 paved spaces)
Take Rte. 2 east or west to exit 38B, then follow Route 111 north to Ayer Rotary. Go halfway around rotary to Rte. 2A. On Rte. 2A turn right after Ayer Center, take first right on Groton Street to trail parking lot on the right.
Groton Center parking (Court Street 10-15 spaces)
Take I-495 north or south to exit 31, then Rte. 119 west approximately seven miles to Groton Center. Take left at Station Ave. to the on-street parking area beside the trail.
Groton Sand Hill Road parking (10-15 gravel spaces)
Take I-495 north or south to exit 31, then Rte. 119 west approximately ten miles. Take a right on Nod Road and right on Sand Hill Road. Follow Sand Hill Road to parking area on the right after crossing rail trail.
Dunstable state line parking (10 gravel spaces)
Take Rte. 3 to Exit 35, then Rte. 113 west beyond Dunstable Center. Take right on Hollis Street to New Hampshire state line. Parking is on the left.
Activities at Nashua River Rail Trail
All Activities at Nashua River Rail Trail
- Cross-country skiing
- Horseback riding
- Running and walking
Facilities at Nashua River Rail Trail
- Scenic viewing area
Accessibility at Nashua River Rail Trail
- Accessible bike path
Restrictions at Nashua River Rail Trail
- No alcohol
- No littering
More info for Nashua River Rail Trail
- Be courteous of other path users.
- Keep right unless passing.
- Stop at all stop signs.
- Trail is open dawn to dusk. If you have appropriate lights, ride at your on risk.
- Give a clear and audible signal before passing and pass only when it's safe to.
- Travel at a reasonable speed.
- Wear protective headgear. This is required by law for children 16 years and younger, but recommended for all.
- Respect private property next to the trail.
- Carry in, carry out all trash and belongings.