Who we serve
We provide statistical information for needs assessment, performance management, and decision support throughout the Bureau of Family Health and Nutrition (BFHN) using data analytics, survey work, and evaluation studies.
Working closely with Division Directors and Program Managers, our staff conduct data analysis, evaluation, needs assessment, and surveillance activities. Their work advises RFR development, federal grant applications, performance monitoring, clinical research, community mobilization to broaden public awareness, establishment of strategic initiatives to address concerning and emerging trends, as well as many daily functions of Bureau programs. In addition, we collaborate with other DPH Bureaus and as well as institutions such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, March of Dimes, and local schools of public health, particularly Boston University.
BFHN programs supported
- Birth Defects Research and Prevention
- Division for Children & Youth with Special Health Needs
- Early Intervention
- FOR Families
- Newborn Hearing Screening
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Pregnancy Nutrition Surveillance System (PNSS)
- Pediatric Nutrition Surveillance System (PedNSS)
- Growth and Nutrition