Rental Assistance: Housing Vouchers

Rental assistance programs provide financial aid, mostly through vouchers, to help low-income families and individuals rent apartments in settings other than public housing developments.

Both Massachusetts and the federal government can help you pay your rent through “voucher” programs. You can use some vouchers anywhere as long as the unit meets health and safety standards. Other vouchers are for a specific housing unit. There are also programs for emergency financial support if you are in danger of losing your housing.

Contact Information


100 Cambridge Street, Suite 300, Boston, MA 02114

For administrators

Related Services

Help Us Improve  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.