Log in links for this page

Riding Instructors Licensing

All for-hire horseback riding instructors must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

To teach horseback riding to the general public or for-hire, you need to be licensed by the State. Licenses are issued by the Department of Agricultural Resources. All licenses expire on March 31, following the date of issue. It is the instructors responsibility to renew their license each year.

Competent riding instructors can reduce injuries by minimizing risk factors during training. The State Licensing Program works with the industry to promote safety in all areas.

What would you like to do?

Help Us Improve Mass.gov  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.