The 2020 Municipal Firefighter Exam consists of two components, a written test 50% and an entry-level physical ability test (ELPAT) 50%.
Key Dates for the Firefighter Exam
Application Opening: October 28, 2019
Application Deadline: February 4, 2020*
Notices to Appear for Written Test Emailed: March 6, 2020
Written Test Date: March 21, 2020
Notices to Appear for ELPAT Emailed: TBD
Score Release Date: TBD
Employment/Experience (E/E) Last Day to Appeal: TBD
Eligible List Established Date: TBD
Eligibility: Entry-level, open to public
Written Test Location: Various Sites across the state
ELPAT Test Location: 571A Main Street, Hudson, MA 01749
Examination Fee: $200*
* There is an additional $50 late fee for applications received after February 4, 2020. Applications will NOT be accepted after February 18, 2020.
- Firefighter Written Test Preparation Guide
- 2020 Municipal Firefighter exam flyer
- 2020 Municipal Firefighter exam flyer - Spanish
- 2020 Municipal Firefighter exam flyer - Creole
- 2020 Municipal Firefighter Exam Info Pamphlet
- Read Firefighter Written Test Preparation Guide.
- Notice to Appear for Examination emailed on March 6, 2020
Two weeks before the examination date you will receive a notice to appear by e-mail. The notice will tell you the location and the time to appear for your examination. Please check your junk or spam mail folder for the e-mail before contacting this office.
How to Apply for 2020 Firefighter Exam
The registration period for the 2020 Firefighter exam ends.
- Find the application for 2020 Firefighter Exam.
- Read about the exam information and find out if you’re eligible to take the exam.
- Click Apply in the top right corner of the exam poster and follow the instructions to submit your application.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted your application, you’ll see a Click to Pay button. Click the button to pay for your exam. Be sure to pay for the correct exam.
- You’ll receive two confirmation emails when you’ve completed the process:
♦ an email confirming that your application has been received
♦ an email confirming that your payment has been received
Your application is not complete until you have received both confirmation emails. Once you receive the successful payment confirmation email, you may ignore the option to Submit Payment which may still be displayed in your account.
Please ensure that your email address is up to date on your account. If you need to change anything on your account, please see here for instructions: Update Your Account Contact Information. All notices are sent by email. Please check your junk or spam mail folder for the email before contacting this office. You are also able to view all email notices sent to you from our office by logging into your Civil Service account and viewing your inbox.