Please be aware that NEW applications for an August payment must be received and approved by DVS June 30th in any given year. NEW Applications for a February payment must be received and approved by DVS by December 31st in any given year.
This annuity is given in recognition of the service of our distinguished 100% service-connected disabled veterans and to the parents of distinguished veterans (Gold Star Parents) and the unmarried spouses (Gold Star Wives or Husbands) of distinguished veterans who gave their lives in the service of their country during wartime.
Eligible applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Meets one of the service time requirements set forth in M.G.L. ch.4, s.7, cl.43, M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6A, and 108 CMR 3.03.
- Has received a discharge from military service under other than dishonorable conditions.
- Is a resident of Massachusetts at the time of applying for the annuity and continues to be a resident of the Commonwealth as per M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6A.
- Meets the requirements for blindness, paraplegia, double amputation or other disability set forth in M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6B and so certified by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Proof of service and disability shall be furnished to the Commissioner as per M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6C.
Parent or Spouse
- Death of veteran must be service-connected.
- Parent/spouse must reside in the Commonwealth and must continue to reside in Massachusetts from the date of application and while in receipt of the annuity payments.
- Spouses must not be remarried.
How to Apply
All applicants must complete the annuity application, IRS W-9 Form, and Electronic Funds Transfer sign-up sheet. Once the documentation is filled out, it must be submitted to the Department of Veterans’ Services via email to VetsAnnuity@MassMail.State.MA.US
For additional instructions on how to apply for the annuity benefit, please click here.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to email their applications. If you cannot email the application, please send via USPS to:
Department of Veterans' Services
600 Washington St., 7th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
Forms can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat PDF format online. An application may also be obtained via regular mail by calling the Department of Veterans' Services at 617-210-5480.
The below form includes annuity applications for Veterans, Spouses, and Parents.
IRS W-9 Form
Complete the W-9 Form in order to receive annuity payment from the Commonwealth.
Direct Deposit (Electronic Funds Transfer) Form
Complete this form to have your annuity payment deposited directly into your bank account. This is the ONLY method of payment.
Note that when filling out this form you (the applicant) is referred to as the "vendor" and your Tax Identification Number (TIN) is your Social Security Number. Print the form, sign it, and attach a voided check. Send the form to DVS-Annuities with your completed application and W-9. *MANDATORY*