Due to new changes in Massachusetts general law, DAS now issues annual ID cards instead of one-time cards.
Things to know
- The card will cost $35 every years.
- Annual apprentice ID cards will be valid for a one-year period only.
- The updated new apprentice agreement is on the website.
- Pay the annual fee of $35.00 in the form of a personal check, bank check, or money order. Make it payable to the "Commonwealth of Massachusetts." We do not accept cash.
- Include a passport-sized print photograph or digital photograph in a.jpg format each application. The picture should be similar in composition to a driver's license photograph. Please submit digital photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your first name, middle initial and last name in the subject heading of the email message. If you are renewing an ID, you do not need to submit a photo.
- ID cards are generally issued in less than three weeks. We return cards with signed and approved apprentice agreements. Changes say what credit will be granted in OJT hours and what step the apprentice will begin the program to prepare for next years renewal.