Regional agriculture "Buy Local" organizations connect farmers to their surrounding communities and vice versa. Pioneered in 1993, Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA) was committed to the idea that knowing where your food comes from, makes both good health and economic sense. Buy Local group efforts have helped generate consumer awareness and demand for locally grown food products while at the same time improve logistical access to these important food sources.
From technical assistance information to the newest recipes, consumers and farmers alike can find resources to help them grow, buy, cook, and eat wholesome locally grown products.
Buy Local Regions
- Berkshire Grown
- Buy Fresh Buy Local - Cape Cod
- Central MassGrown
- Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA)
- Island Grown - Martha's Vineyard
- Northeast Harvest
- Southeastern Massachusetts Agricultural Partnership (SEMAP)
- Sustainable Business Network of Greater Boston (SBN)
- Sustainable CAPE
- Sustainable Nantucket