Public Health is unique in the wide range of careers you can pursue here – our team includes nurses, doctors, pharmacists, scientists, inspectors, epidemiologists, analysts, lawyers, planners, human service coordinators and program coordinators as well as managers, fiscal staff, and administrative staff. Our four Public Health hospitals have direct care staff as well as administrators, fiscal staff, campus police, facilities and grounds workers.
What connects all of us is our mission to prevent illness, injury and premature death, to assure access to high quality public health and health care services, and to promote wellness and health equity for all people in the Commonwealth.
Search for current employment opportunities at DPH. The job application process is managed electronically through Mass Careers.
We are currently featuring a series of exciting career opportunities at our Lemuel Shattuck Hospital.
DPH also offers a variety of internship opportunities.
Learn more about DPH on our Department of Public Health Resources page.
Featured career opportunities
- Director of Regional Operations (Program Manager VI)
Bureau of Substance Addiction Services
- Manager of Data Management and Analysis (Program Manager IV)
- Director of Nursing (DON)
- Population Health Program Manager (Program Manager IV)
Office of Population Health
- State Dental Director (part-time)
Office of Oral Health, Bureau of Community Health and Prevention
- Administrator IV, Assistant Director of Diversity and Inclusion
Department of Public Health
- Director, Division of Violence and Injury Prevention (Program Manager VII)
- Bureau of Community Health and Prevention