Many parents of children who are blind find it helpful to have a knowledgeable and experienced social worker answer their questions. The MCB Children Services social worker provides a wide range of services geared towards assisting the child to reach his or her full potential.
MCB Children Services social workers can assist families with the following:
- Respite Care Coordination
- Socialization/Recreation Program, where available
- Advocacy in obtaining benefits and services for the child
- Case Management: Assistance to coordinate needed services
- Support Counseling to children and their families to assist with problems and concerns related to vision loss
- Recreation: Limited funding is available for recreation programs to encourage participation in social activities